| CAA ( Children affected &
vulnearable to AIDS) CHEYUTHA
||CAA ( Children affected & vulnearable
to AIDS) CHEYUTHA
||CRS (Catholic Relief Services), FHI (Family
||Successfully running from 1 October 2003
To build capacity of communities to implement integrated
HIV/AIDS prevention, and care and support activities for
children in 41 slums of secunderabad
||Hyderabad with migrant population in 41 slums covering
a total population of 4 lakhs.
||- to reach out 100 infected children & 900 vulnearable
- development of peer educators, caregivers, lay counsellors
& community mobilisation activities
- the main focus of the programme is to provide home-based
care and support to the CAA, OVC through different linkages
in the form of socio-psycho support, medical support, scholarships,
life-skills training programmes & provision of 'Care
|| 1) Building capacity of staff for effective programme
2) Mobilise communities to meet the needs od children and
3) Behaviour change communication to increase the knowledge
of HIV/AIDS and decrease stigma and address discrimination.
4) Provide home-based care through building capacities of
CAA’s and their families.
5) Mobilise health and social network / facilities to respond
to the needs of ovc.
|| Needs assessment:
4 focused group discussions with stakeholders, women group
youth and other community people.
447 home visit were conducted which includes 200 fathers,
200 mothers, 21 stake holders, 03 guardians and 15 PLHA.
76 infected children and 400 affected children.
Formation of care givers network 43
Promotion of self help group 07
Identifying and training of lay counselor 25.
Recreation facities to the children/distribution of sport
Mass awareness programmer 60
Behaviors change campaigns 22
42 event programs
06-sensitization programmer with 96 stakeholders.
07 Life skill programme with ovc (other vulnerable children)
64 (29 boys & 35 girls)peer educators on prevention
care and support.
02 sensitisation for 22 doctors.
06 sensiisaion for 94 stake holders.
165 VCTC referrels, 34 PPTCT referrals.
12 referrals to schools of css
20 members vocational trainin in tailoring.
Linkages with various corporate sectors and government secotors
||- with the linkages developed by the NGO with like-minded
people, religious organisations, NGOs, merchant entrepreneurs,
SHGs training programme, provision of Rice, Dal, Oil, Bulger,
linkages - for medical help, government hospitals, Private
nursing homes, children, hospitals & like minded service
- government bodies, like collector, MRO, BC, SC, ST corporation,
DLO & Medical Health Dept.
- Low cost innovative IEC/BCC material - Short films to
address the stigma & discrimination
- providing sports kits for life skill trained children
- providing title to food to CAA, OVC children & Rs.500
monthly stipend for infected children
- Formation of 10 SHGs with infected & affected women.